Correct and long-term algae control
Excessive algae growth always occurs when a surplus of nutrients (phosphates and nitrates) are present in the water. That?s why long-term algae control always works in two steps: First the anti-algae agent JBL Algol fights the algae and then the nutrients are irreversibly bound. JBL PhosEx ultra or JBL PhosEx direct are very well suited for this. Algae-eating animals, such as sucker catfish, shrimps and snails can also be a great help.
- For beautiful freshwater aquariums: combats all algae species fast and intensively
- Not harmful to fish and microorganisms when used correctly
- Crystal-clear water. Combats all algae species
- Application only in the morning. Before use a partial water change of 30% is recommended. Ensure sufficient oxygen content by means of aeration during the treatment
Only 5 left in stock
Aquarium plants can be shipped under the same shipping rules as dry goods.
Free shipping on orders over £40 (may exclude some aquariums) Geographical restrictions may apply
Livestock shipping services have restarted but are subject to cold weather.
Correct and long-term algae control
Click and Collect
We will let you know when your items or livestock are ready to collect via email. This usually happens within 24 hours of you placing your order. We will hold your order for three weeks. If you haven’t collected and we haven’t heard from you by then, we will put your items back on sale. You will not be eligible for a refund.
We aim to dispatch all orders placed before 2pm the same day and orders placed after 2pm on the next working day.
While we typically ship orders the same day or the following working day, as with any company that relies on couriers, we are unfortunately unable to guarantee a delivery date and time and that orders will arrive the following working day.
- 1st Class mail is aimed to be delivered the next working day after dispatch.
- 2nd Class mail takes around 2-3 working days after dispatch.
- APC Next Day delivery is usually delivered the next working day after dispatch to UK mainland postcode. Items to more remote areas may take longer.
* If your order is over £40 excluding livestock, you qualify for our FREE delivery to UK Mainland postcodes. This excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Isles of Scilly, Channel Islands and Scottish Offshore postcodes. FREE delivery is available for Scottish Borders postcodes but you will still need to pay the appropriate surcharge.
You have the right to cancel an order within 14 working days of receipt. You must return the goods to us in new and unused condition in line with our Returns Policy. We must receive the goods within 21 days of the notice of cancellation during which time you are responsible for any loss or damage. Once received in new and unused condition we will refund the purchase price. If the goods arrive back in any less than the condition they were sent out in, they will be returned to you and no refund will be processed.
To return goods you need to use our returns form and we will contact you to acknowledge you are sending the goods back to us. Goods being returned for testing must be sent at your own expense. We will only refund postage fees if the order arrives damaged or becomes faulty within the first 4 weeks. It is important that you obtain proof of posting as the goods are your responsibility until they are received by us. We can only refund postage costs if goods are returned within 7 days of purchase under the Replacement Policy. You need to agree a delivery service prior to shipping as we will only refund standard or tracked shipping fees, we are not able to refund the cost of any special delivery service. We cannot refund postage for goods returned for any other reason and we reserve the right to deduct our original postage cost from any refund applicable. If you have made a mistake in the purchase, then you will need to return the goods to us.